The Morley Brothers Foundation was founded in 1948 by Ralph Chase Morley and his three sons Ralph C. Morley Jr., Edward B. Morley and Burrows Morley. Today the Board of Trustees is made up of third, fourth and fifth generation descendants of the three sons and his daughter Julia Morley Brand.
In the 90’s the name was changed to Morley Foundation since the family business name was no longer relevant.
The Morley Foundation is a philanthropic, nonprofit organization whose purpose is to responsibly invest resources and grant monies to legitimate needs in the area of health, welfare, education, arts, and humanities. The Foundation’s grant making is primarily focused to Michigan, with major emphasis in Saginaw County.
Our Foundation founders, Ralph C. and Lucy Burrows Morley, practiced community stewardship and we are committed to continuing that tradition.
The Foundation is committed to the development and implementation of support programs for nonprofit institutions and organizations that seek to improve the quality of life. The focus is on areas of close concern to the community rather than broad social issues. We believe that grants are an investment in the future and the community.